Thursday, May 27, 2010

Easy (But Oh, So YUMMY) Vegetable Couscous

This simple dish only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and it is one of my favorites!

Vegetable Couscous
  • 1 Cup Couscous, dry
  • 1 2/3 Cups Water
  • 1 tsp. Vegetable Bouillon
Put the dry couscous in a bowl with a lid. Boil water with bouillon in microwave (about two minutes). Pour the water over the dry couscous and cover with a lid for 10 minutes. In the meantime:
  • 2-3 Cups Fresh or Frozen Vegetables
  • Tofutti Sour Cream

Combine as many different vegetables as you like (I usually use corn, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, and green beans) and steam or microwave until thoroughly heated/soft.

When the couscous is done, add the vegetables. Stir in Tofutti sour cream to taste.

The creaminess of this dish reminds me of stroganoff - so yummy! And it's an easy way to get in a variety of veggies :)

*Pics to come...

3 comments:

Deb said...

This sounds delicious!! I need to try it out! Thanks...

Anonymous said...

Tasty...I like couscous. I will have to try this out!

Valerie said...

I love couscous and this sounds great.