Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Spanish Quinoa and Beans

This is one of my favorite dishes. It makes a great filling for burrito's, though I usually just eat it out of a bowl as is or with a tablespoon or so of Tofutti sour cream. I always make a full batch so that I can enjoy it for lunch all week long! Mmm...

Spanish Quinoa with Beans


1 Tbs. Olive Oil

1 Cup dry Quinoa, rinsed

1 Cup Salsa

2 Cups Water

1/2 tsp. garlic (fresh or powdered)

1/2 tsp. Sea Salt

1/2 tsp. ground Cumin

2 cans Refried Beans

Put the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the rinsed quinoa and toast until golden (I prefer to use a mix of red quinoa and white/traditional quinoa - I just toast it until the lighter colored quinoa looks lightly toasted). Add all of the other ingredients, stir, and cover the skillet with a lid. Turn to medium-low heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Heat the refried beans. Stir the Spanish quinoa into the refried beans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, looks tasty! I will have to try it out...Hey, by the way, I lost your other blog, and I haven't been able to check it! Could you send me the link or something so I can continue to spy on you??