Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Best of Both (Mopping) Worlds!

The other day I needed to mop but realized I was all out of those expensive little disposable mop pads. But seriously...the floor NEEDED to be mopped. I wasn't keen on the idea of getting down on my hands and knees to scrub it, so I tried using laundry clips to attach an old cloth diaper to the end of the Swiffer. I was afraid the clips would pop off and was cursing myself for not having safety pins, but I was actually able to scrub pretty hard without it even budging. It was great (and free)! I don't think I'll ever buy a $12 box of mopping pads again.

2 comments:

WittyKnitter said...

The store-bought pads are way too expensive! I knit cotton scrub pads and just toss them in the wash after mopping. They are really sturdy and it makes a lot more sense than throwing them away every time! Never thought to use a cloth diaper, great idea!!

Tara said...

Thanks! Most (and by most I mean all) of my ingenuity stems from laziness :) I had never thought to knit scrub pads - I'm sure the added texture (when compared with a cloth diaper) really helps to create a better scrubbing surface! I'll have to look into that.