Saturday, January 30, 2010

Baking Soda Method Fail

Today was day three of consecutive "baking soda method" use (I started several days ago, but cheated with my Burt's Bees shampoo on day two). It didn't go well. I tried blow drying it, but it was a little frightening. I figured I'd just have a up-do day, but even with it in a ponytail it was obvious that something wasn't quite right. I was too self-conscious to leave my own bathroom with that hair because the carpet cleaning guy (with the really hot voice) was there - never mind that only minutes before I'd answered the door with my wet, uncombed hair pulled up in a sloppy ponytail. But believe me, day three blow dried baking soda hair was worse. Much worse.

So I pulled out my trusty Grapefruit and Sugarbeet Burt's Bees shampoo (am I starting to sound like a commercial?) and washed my hair again. Oh. My. Gosh. It was so soft and silky! I loved the way that it slipped through my fingers while I was styling it. I don't know if the baking soda contributed to that or if my soft, clean hair was just such a contrast to the powder residue that I'd been walking around with for the last few days. I'd be willing to use the baking soda method a couple times a week and I think it would work if my hair was coarser or much shorter (I'd totally recommend it to short-haired guys) but for now I'm gonna stick with my tried and true. Burt's Bees shampoo is sulfate free, 99% natural (I know, I know, that 1% eats at me), and much more eco-friendly than conventional shampoo's. Yay, Burt's Bees!

No comments: